- Return Transportation.
- Professional drivers/guides.
- Bakubung Lodge Accommodation for 1st and 2nd Day.
- Personal Purchases.
- Guide gratuity and Lunch.
Pick Up From:
- Johannesburg, Pretoria & Surrounding.
Pick Up Time:
Between 06:30 am & 12:00 pm.
Pilanesberg National Park.
Among Southern Africa’s fascinating game reserves, Pilanesberg National Park is possibly the most accessible. Situated in the ecologically rich transition zone between the Kalahari and the Lowveld, this vast area promises thrilling big game viewing in a malaria free environment. A wide variety of accommodation is available to suit your needs.
Day 1 : Johannesburg / Pretoria to Pilanesberg.
- Pick up from most hotels in Johannesburg, Pretoria an airport area at +- 9 am. A 2 hour drive takes us North West towards Pilanesberg – a big 5 National Park that covers 500 square kilometers. This unique National Park is encircled by 4 rings of hills. Geologically fascinating alkaline complex which is the largest in the world and the habitat of Africa’s most famous wildlife.
- We drive to Bakubung Lodge where a hearty lunch awaits us. After lunch guests are invited to relax around the pool or on the view deck which provides panoramic views of the landscape around. Your rooms will be ready between 2-3 pm for check in.
- In the late afternoon your first exiting open vehicle game drive will begin.This park has great year-round sightings of Lions, Elephants, giraffes, Buffaloes, Rhino and many other species of wildlife. Pending on the season and light conditions this will start between 3.30 pm and 4.30 pm. A thrilling game drive with an open elevated view. We hope to see much of the wildlife that moves around at this time when it is cooler. As the sun goes down your guide will bring out spot lights to look for nocturnal animals. You might be lucky to see lions on the hunt.
- After an afternoon/sunset drive you return to the lodge for a well-deserved dinner with tales to tell of the days’ sightings.
- Transfer from Johannesburg.
- Park Entrance Fees.
- Afternoon/ Sunset Open vehicle game drive.
- Lunch and Dinner.
Day 2 : Pilanesberg National Park.
- Your second day begins with early morning coffee before boarding another open Vehicle. The morning game drive will take in many of the waterholes and hides. Early morning provides the golden Hour where many wildlife enthusiasts believe the best sightings occur. Lions are certainly a good chance at this time. (Note Pending season and light conditions – guests may have breakfast before the drive)
- Return to lodge for a stunning breakfast. After which you have time to relax by the swimming pool or take advantage of the Hotels’ spa. Lunch will be served on the terrace. During the middle part of the day the bush is to hot and not much wildlife moves around. We also take advantage of this time to relax.
- The second game drive will start between 3.30 pm and 4.40 pm. This game drive will gain take us past sunset. Now is our chance to see many of the animals that have eluded us in the previous game drives. Every moment in nature is different so keep your cameras ready with plenty of film.
- Return once again from the Afternoon/sunset drive to a wonderful dinner served by the lodge.
- For this day – clients who would like to do something different- there would be an opportunity to do a 2-3 hour big 5 Game walk with an armed range in big 5 territory. Or for those more adventurous / romantic – Hot air Balloon rides over the reserve are available. Both of these activities are additional and will need to be paid for at the lodge
- Morning open vehicle game drive
- Afternoon/ Sunset Open vehicle game drive
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 2-3 Hour Bush walk with armed ranger in big 5 territory ( Can be booked Locally
- Hot Air Balloon ride over Pilanesberg ( is booked and paid for with hotel – weather dependent)
Day 3 : Pilanesberg National Park to Johannesburg/ Pretoria
- The final Day begins with your last safari game drive. The last chance to enjoy unspoiled views of the bush and animals from the an elevated position. Your final breakfast is enjoyed at the lodge. ( again depending on season -game drive and breakfast may be swapped around – pending light conditions)
- After breakfast and morning game drive guests have time to freshen up before checking out at 11 am.
- After check out, you have the choice of transferring straight back to your hotel in Pretoria / Johannesburg or the Airport pending your flights times. We expect to arrive back in Johannesburg between 1.30 pm to 2 pm. Or alternatively we offer clients the option of spending the remaining part of the day with a visit to Sun City (Own Cost). Please make sure to communicate your choice on booking so we can make sure the logistics work.
- Sun City – Can be arranged on booking
- Morning open vehicle game drive
- Return transfer to Johannesburg/Pretoria
Drop Off Time:
- Between 15:00 pm & 17:00 pm